Oyen FCSS provides numerous important services to meet the needs of families and people experiencing difficulties in the communities in and around Oyen.  Listed below is a description of services provided by the Oyen FCSS office. If there is something that you need help with, but do not see listed, feel free to contact us and we can help find the service or help you need.

Food Bank Applications & Emergency Food Hampers

Please contact the Family Community Support Services at (403) 664-2255 or a Clergy if you require assistance with the application process and/or for more information.


  • PHONE: 403 664-2255 or 403 664-3987
    PLACE: Rear door of the FCSS Community Centre Main Street
  • WHEN: The first Wednesday of the month
  • TIME: 11:00 to 1:00 pm



  • Opened in the fall of 1998
  • We are non-profit organization
  • We rely on the goodness of human kind to help each other with the basic need of food
  • We offer emergency food, food hampers on a monthly basis and a kind word served with a smile
  • We never turn anyone away on their first visit
  • If you require help on more then one occasion we request a referral form be filled out by a clergy or the FCSS office.
  • Any one can access the food bank when experiencing difficult times.

Community Worker

The Community Worker is a joint partnership between FCSS, Town of Oyen, and the Southeast Alberta Child & Family Services. Funding is 100% provided through Southeast Alberta Child and Family Services Authority.

Community Worker will:

  • Assist the community in addressing the needs of it members
  • Assist families to become self-reliant and make responsible choices;
  • Assist individuals to determine what supports and services
are needed
  • Assist in developing integrated service plans that address service entry, assessment, treatment, exit, and follow-up
  • Encourage individuals to participate in all stages of the service plan, especially in making decisions and advocating remedies.

Parent / In Home Support Coordinator

This program offers in-home support to parents. The program’s purpose is to provide support to parents and families who may be experiencing difficulties or a crisis. It also provides increased social and emotional support systems; increased educational opportunities such as parenting skills, budget skills, time manage- ment skills; and a greater awareness of the different resources and programs that offer help to parents and families.

Counselling Services

Funded by Special Areas, M.D. of Acadia, Christ the Redeemer School Division, Oyen Ministerial Association, Southeast Alberta Child and Family Services Authority.
Objective: To prevent the deterioration of the family unit in our rural communities. To provide accessible professional family and marriage counselling opportunities as well as supporting resources.

Therapy sessions are offered at no cost to the client.

  • Services Provider: West Central Crisis & Family Support Inc.
  • From: Kindersley, Saskatchewan
  • Phone: (306) 463-6655
  • Every 2nd Friday at the Oyen FCSS Office (Dental Building)

Alberta Health Services Mental & Addiction counselling and support services

  • Phone: (403) 529-3500 to book an appointment.
  • Available: Every Wednesday out of the Community health unit.

Learners Benefits

Alberta Works provides Learner Income Support and training benefits to Albertans who need financial help to improve their English, or upgrade their education or job skills.

Please contact the Oyen FCSS director if you require assistance with form submission: (403) 664-2255.

Income Support Applications

Essential services and programs for the most vulnerable and at-risk Albertans, including income support, are protected.

Income Support provides financial assistance to Albertans who do not have the resources to meet their basic needs, like food, clothing and shelter.

Albertans who are eligible for Income Support also receive:

Please contact the Oyen FCSS director if you require assistance with form submission: (403) 664-2255.

Health Care Applications

The Alberta Adult Health Benefit program supports Albertans in low income to ensure they have access to prescription drugs, dental services, optical services, emergency ambulance and diabetic supplies that are essential to health and well-being. Knowing your health and your family’s health is cared for will bring peace of mind.

Please contact the Oyen FCSS director if you require assistance with form submission: (403) 664-2255.

Applied Income for the Severely Handicapped Applications (AISH)

The Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) program provides financial and health-related assistance to eligible adults with a disability. The disability must be permanent and substantially limit the person’s ability to earn a living. AISH clients may also be eligible to receive supplemental assistance (a child benefit and personal benefits) through the AISH program.

Please contact the Oyen FCSS director if you require assistance with form submission: (403) 664-2255.

Seniors Benefits Appeals

You may apply for the Seniors Financial Assistance (SFA) programs offered by the Government of Alberta if you meet all of the eligibility requirements.

Please contact the Oyen FCSS director if you require assistance with form submission: (403) 664-2255.

Compass for Caregiver

Care giving can be stressful, isolating, and have a negative impact on your physical and mental health. Compass encourages caregivers to care for themselves. The program is facilitated by a caregiver or professional in a confidential setting. Along with fellow participants caregivers gain an understanding of the journey and how to make it less difficult.

Mobilizing personal assets and strengths for self-care.